In STEAM Camp students will explore science, math and art work at their own pace with hands-on, dynamic activities. Children of various ages will learn together in a collaborative and serene environment. Our main themes will be the beauty and order of creation, the intricate timeline of life and the splendid gifts of science, art and mathematics that intertwine as a whole.
The theme of STEAM II is "The Timeline of Life." Activities include:
- Geologic periods and kingdoms of life (taxonomy)
- Fossil making
- Clock of eras (calligraphy on personal timeline)
- Botany in art
- Paideia Soctratic seminar
- Kebana (Japanese flower arranging)
- Specific skills such as needlework
Participants should bring a water bottle and snack each day.
Click below to learn about STEAM I and STEAM III.
Program Director: Mary Jane Milette
Dates: June 27-July 1
Hours: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Grades: Rising 6th-12th
Location: Room 139
Program Fee: $150