The Oakcrest Parent Association (OPA) serves the school by recruiting and organizing parent volunteers for various school events and activities. OPA positions include: Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Upper School Volunteer Coordinator, Middle School Volunteer Coordinator, Hospitality/Event Coordinator, Room Parent Coordinators, Web Communications, Faculty Appreciation, Family Support, Carpool Support, School Liaison and Room Mothers.
Room mothers communicate with other class parents and coordinate various events and activities for parents in their daughter’s class as well as events throughout the year for their daughters. There are two room mothers per grade.
OPA events include:
- OPA Coffees: Held once a month, OPA Coffees are opportunities to connect with Oakcrest parents, faculty and staff over coffee and pastries.
- Christmas Decorating: Help prepare the school for the holidays. Volunteers are needed to help with lighting, wreaths, trees, decorations and holiday preparations
- 8th Grade Promotion: Volunteers from the 7th grade are needed to set up and serve refreshments at the reception that follows the ceremony. For more information, call the 7th grade Room Mother.
- Baccalaureate Mass: This traditional Mass is for seniors and their families to celebrate their graduation. Juniors and Junior Parent Volunteers are needed to set up and serve desserts and refreshments at the reception that follows. For more information, call the 11th grade Room Mother.
- Graduation Reception: Parent volunteers from the junior class are needed to set up and serve light refreshments following the graduation ceremony. For more information, call the 11th grade Room Mother.
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Lunches: Oakcrest teachers and staff give many hours of dedication and care for our daughters.
Show them that you care by volunteering for the Christmas luncheon and/or the End-of-the-Year Luncheon.
- Used Book and Uniform Sale: Generally held at the end of the school year, this event is for interested parents who would like to sell books and uniforms.
The Oakcrest Fathers Club (OFC) plays leadership roles in organizing and hosting father-daughter events, including the traditional Upper School Father-Daughter Dance.
The Open House provides prospective students and their families a comprehensive overview of our School. The event consists of a welcome by the Head of the School and faculty members followed by tours throughout the campus to meet the rest of the faculty. Parent volunteers are needed to greet prospective families and to provide refreshments. To volunteer or for more information, please call Admission at 703-790-5450 or e-mail
The Gala Committee consists of parent volunteer chairs, in association with the Development Office. The Gala Committee plans the annual Oakcrest Gala and Auction, which takes place in the fall. A major fundraising and fellowship opportunity, the Gala & Auction is a well-loved tradition at Oakcrest. To volunteer or for more information, contact:
Staff the store and see the goodies and your girls. Volunteer your time in the coolest shop in town. Parent volunteers will work with student business interns to select and order new merchandise, manage sales and keep sales records. For more information, contact Development@oakcrest.org
or visit Oakie Outfitters.
Enroll parents, grandparents and friends in these store rewards programs in order to raise funds for our school. For more information or to volunteer, send an e-mail to