Oakcrest School is pleased to announce two Veritas Awards for the academic year 2013-2014 and open to the Class of 2017.
What is the Veritas Award?
The Veritas Award is an award open to students who are applying for admission to Oakcrest School for ninth grade in 2013-2014, and for current Oakcrest eighth grade students. The award consists of $7,500 tuition remission per year for four years at Oakcrest School. This award will be renewed annually for each of the three following years at Oakcrest School through graduation, assuming that the recipient meets Award expectations. There are two Veritas Awards to be awarded in 2013-2014/ Class of 2017.
Who is eligible for the Veritas Award?
The Veritas Award will be awarded to the successful applicants who best display the qualities of an Oakcrest student including high academic achievement, leadership and character. To be considered, applicants must complete all Veritas Award application requirements.
What are the application requirements?
All deadlines are February 1, 2013. Please refer to the Veritas Award Rubric. Application materials will not be returned.
- Completed Application for Admission to Oakcrest School Class of 2017 for the 2013-2014 academic year, or re-enrolling Oakcrest student in Class of 2017.
- Student Application for Consideration for Veritas Award
- Original Student Project: Reflection on the topic "We Each Make a Difference" in choice of media
- A letter of recommendation from an adult who has known the applicant for at least two years (non family member)
- A parent statement in response to: "Why the philosophy of Oakcrest School is an exceptional match with our goals for our daughter's education"
- Attendance at an evening reception and interview on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. Snow date is February 19.
How will Veritas Candidates be notified of the Award decision?
Veritas Candidates will receive Award decision notification after the Veritas Reception in early March.
Can we still apply for Tuition Assistance?
The Veritas Award is a four year tuition remission of $7,500 per year. Applicants may also apply for tuition assistance through the regular tuition assistance process. The Veritas Award is made independent of tuition assistance awards, and is based upon student merit. Should a recipient qualify for tuition assistance, the amount of the Veritas Award will be considered at that point in determining the tuition assistance award.
The Veritas Award recipients will be determined by the Oakcrest Veritas Award Committee. All decisions are final. Oakcrest School reserves the right to use its discretion in determining if two qualified Veritas Award applicants are indeed merited. Renewal of the award will be annual and based upon meeting stated expectations. Announcement of the Veritas Award recipients will be made in early March 2013. Deadline for application is February 1, 2013.